Competitive programming is one the challenging milestone which we have to pass through . I have seen as we use C or C++ programming in college days , I mean beginning days . I agree with the facts that low level implementation of any algorithms gives the full control . But in the same time it takes so much of time while code development .I know , It seems this discussion is more on high level language vs low language in competitive programming . But it is not completely true , We have are only going forward with Python capabilities . We will do some SWOT analysis ( Strength ,weakness , opportunities and threats ) with special reference to competitive programming . Basically we will see – How is Python for Competitive Programming ?
Python for Competitive Programming-
In order to understand the Python compatibility with Competitive programming , We need to understand the requirement associated with Competitive programming . In order to address the requirement of these Competitive programming , We need to answer these questions-
- Can I implement LinkList , Doubly LinkList , Queue etc in Python or not ? If yes then How hard is the implementation ?
- Do I know the complexity of inbuilt python functions like sort etc ?
- How strong / Flexible is Python’s own data structure ?
So lets answer them –
- Yes It is easy to implement LinkList and similar data structure in python easily .
- Yes You may know the inbuilt function’s complexity . It may be documented in official release page or stack overflow searches .
- Python data structures are very fast and design in such a way that perform basic tasks like searching sorting efficiently .
Reasons to use Python for Competitive programming –
- Variable type independent language makes coding very easy for developer . See In other language like C , C ++ or java etc , We have to define the variable type . Here type check is performed by the interpreter itself . This reduce the implementation time by some extents .
- Enrich Library supports for basic operations like sort , count etc .
- List implementation in Python is really useful .It helps in finding the last element without having the size details .
- If you explore list and other inbuilt data structure , You will not have to implement user define data structure mostly in many cases . As they it provide the inbuilt solution .
- Code readability is awesome in python .
- Function may return more than one data type . As it is quite different from general / traditional programming language .
- Python is not only applicable in algorithms /data structure programming but you may use it for data science , web development.
- Very strong open source community is behind the python language . You may easily get the error traces and solutions .
So how did find this article – “How is Python for Competitive Programming ?” I think this motivate others for competitive programming if they are python developer . I love python for competitive programming because its syntaxes are really easy . Loop and conditional statement are really developer friendly . If you get the leverage of inbuilt library function it saves tons of time while implementation . Every thing is dynamic which makes logic implementation easiest .
Data Science Learner Team
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.