The server-side cross-platform open-source runtime Node.Js was created to scale network programs such as web servers. So if you want to know more about this platform, keep reading this article.
If we talk about Node.Js, then in terms of its functions and features it is similar to some other platforms, namely:
- Similar in purpose to Twisted or Python’s Tornado;
- Perl object environment;
- EventMachine from Ruby
- From Java, there is Apache MINA, Netty, Akka, and Vert.x, Grizzly, or Xsocket.
If you want to implement a project using Node.Js but don’t know how to do it or you have difficulties, then you can turn to https://relevant.software/hire-node-js-developers/ for help.
What is Node.Js: More Details
When to use it?
Node is suitable for when you need to do many things at the same time. The platform is especially suitable for a large number of simultaneous I / O operations (access to files, databases, etc.). And this is especially good for real-time applications that need to maintain a constant connection between the browser and the server (online games, chats, collaboration tools, etc.).
Main advantages of Node.Js
Of course, the Node.JS platform has some advantages that make it stand out from the rest.
Among the five benefits of its use are the following:
- It offers very good package management thanks to NPM (if you want to do something, there is probably a library/package that already offers this). Behind Node is a large community of documentation, tutorials, and new modules.
- With Node.js on the server, you can do everything you need – file access, database access, client connections, etc.
- It’s event-based, so all the asynchronous philosophy you’re already using with AJAX in your client, you can pass on to the server.
If you haven’t worked with Node.JS yet, then it’s time to fix the situation. This is the most convenient software platform that opens up a large number of opportunities for developers.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.